M and D's daily update

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fifteen Weeks Old

Mom insist I blog this happening. I should have let her be a guest blogger, she would make it a much better story.


To set the story we have to go back to day two of M's life, when we all knew she was very interested in what was going on, that she wasn't going to miss a thing. Remember, she was the one who always had the left eye on her glasses pushed up, and was turning her head back to the activity side of her incubator? D took it all in stride and worked on growing up, if it happened, it happened. Well, little miss "don't want to miss anything" was told that grandma was coming to visit on Saturday, only they told her on Friday night, and since time has no meaning to a fifteen week old, she wasn't going to miss me, so sleep became a non issue for her, hence, mom and dad. Dad called to tell me that she was waiting so I of course ran right over and could hear someone crying from lack of sleep from the street.

I picked her up, held her for a few minutes and here is the result.



She slept for over an hour. I'm not sure what mom and dad do to her, she is such a sweet little girl. Okay, only if she is touching you, check out the little finger, making sure I am still there.


Later in the evening, I had her sleeping next to me, and I was getting ready to leave, so I was trying to move away. Every time I moved, she moved her hand to touch me, so I gave up and moved back, but not closed enough. Had I not seen it or been there, I wouldn't believe what I am going to write. She threw her body into a roll and rolled right over next to me, and I mean there was no room. Who did I think I was, trying to get away. M your name is "Hoot".

D just takes all this in all of the time, I think he knows he doesn't stand a chance. He will just sit and watch, they are so different, but I know we couldn't handle two M's. No one would stand a chance. We love her to death but one is all we are strong enough to have at a time, now maybe the next one??? Just joking.

Here is D just taking it all in.




The other excitement of the day, was going for a walk in Gram's new stroller. They weren't too sure at first, then it was fun. I can tell you D doesn't like the bumps, but did enjoy taking it all in. M fell asleep, which we know she needed and allowed D to enjoy the ride.







Here is just another picture showing how big they are.


My caption to this is "See D, I'm not high maintenance ALL of the time, and just remember, I am older than you" Feel free to leave your own in the comments section.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barb - Thanks to you, and especially to the new daddy, for brining D & M to the Corp Center to meet us and for letting me hold Miss M. D & M are angels and proof positive that miracles do happen!
Georgeanne

August 17, 2008 8:33 PM

Anonymous said...

My caption is...

D---"I'm not touching you"

M---"What are you looking at?"

So sorry I missed them Friday...

First Time Grandma said...

Way South Sider, spoken like a mom. We will get them back to meet everyone else.