I have been a little slow to update this, I have been looking back as well as looking forward. It dose seem like yesterday, but time has also flown as two beautiful babies keep growing and growing and learning. D now smiles and laughs so easily, M is a little slower to share her smile, although dad can make her laugh quickly.
D now weighs 14 pounds and M is 11 pounds, they are now eating fruits, vegetables and cereal. Each new one is an adventure, D does enjoy eating, sometimes you lose the battle with M, it is amazing how strong willed she can be. She can close her mouth so tight and she can ignore you better than any adult I know.
M is like her grandma, in that bare feet are so much more comfortable that wearing socks. M will kick off her socks as quickly as you put them on. I recently gave her some that she can't kick off, and dad said it was quite amusing to watch her try to get them off. She also tried to rub them off on the edge of her swing (she really is a smart girl). With it getting colder, wearing socks is no longer an option for little girls, so M and I had a discussion and made a deal to wear socks everyday. I broke my promise quickly, she is trying harder to keep hers.
Here is the picture of our deal.
They both enjoy television, and M likes to eat while watching. Dad was telling us the other day, that he was trying to feed her, but she was more interested in the television, so he turned it off. Well, she let him know that watching television is part of the plan and if you want her to eat you better work with her. He turned on the television. He might be a big guy, but her little finger has him wrapped. However, we all cave, she is so irresistible.
Mom let D dress up in my favorite teams outfit during the playoffs, she saved their other outfits for when they were with dad watching that other team that lost in three games.
M and D recently spent the day with me, both mom and dad had to work all day, so they were dropped off at 7:00 AM. Those of you that know me, know how much I must love mom and dad, and these babies. It is obvious that M is alot like gram, not only doesn't' she like socks she might not be a morning person either. Once again, there is a big difference between M and D. See picture below.
Please indulge me while I show the where we have been to now.
The pink and blue items in the pictures are the caps they wore when they were are born, the other hats are the hats in the pictures above.



The bottle picture should have included the 8 oz bottle, as two days after I took this D has decided that 4 ounces of milk isn't enough to go along with his cereal, fruit and vegetables.
This might not be a clear picture, if you click on it it might get bigger. D is laying next to all of the items pictured in the above pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment