M and D I wrote to you at two months and am going to try again.
Since you both came home, you have grown and displayed those personalities you showed us in the hospital.
D while you were laying there being quiet and patient you were finishing growing and developing. You are a beach boy no more!
It is so much fun to watch you look around and entertain yourself. Lately, you have figured out that by kicking your feet you can travel, and you can make the animals talk to you in your bouncy chair. I truly enjoyed watching you crack yourself up the other day when you kicked the chair to make the animals shake for you. When they stopped you would kick and start laughing all over again.
D you have such an easy smile, it is a half smile, like your grandpa's. You always have a smile for everyone.
D you love your teddy bears, your Cub's mobile, and talking to your Winnie the Pooh characters in your bed. I can't wait for the stories you are going to tell us, you are going to have a great imagination.
D, I love singing songs with you, you sing along, and are now trying to form the words with me. You love music and the television. And even danced along with Dance with the Stars!
D you still look out for M and reach out for her when you are close. Mom and Dad say you act like the big brother even though you are the younger one. The other day, when M was crying and crying you looked at her, as if to say " Knock it off, what is your problem". I think you will be having those moments with M many times. I think she will have the same feelings for you at times too. Just don't give up on her, your bond is very special, and I know you always have it.
D, I remember the day your were born, the fear that everyone had, I remember when you let M come home first, and your great homecoming, and I am so enjoying watching you grow up.
M, my little "hoot", you will always be my girl, the bond we formed in the hospital will always be there. You too are growing up so fast, in different ways than D. You are the active one, turning over already, moving all of the time.
M we also called you the Drama Queen in the hospital, and you still have the title. You know how to get attention.
M, I love that you always like to be close to someone. Mom says you sleep better when you are touching her. You show us your independence, but down deep you need us.
M your smile is a little slower to come, but when you share one, it is always a big one and we know you mean it.
M you have this determination about you, I call it the tough girl. We know you needed to be tough to stay with us and you were, and we are so grateful that you fought. Even though your determination can cause you not to eat what you should, and you win battles you shouldn't, it is extremely funny. I know there will be times that you try mom and dad and push, and they will win, you will be angry, it really is for your own good.
M, I love that when I put you and D next to each other, you still lean on him. You have done this since the first time you were put together. I hope you will always lean on your brother and keep the bond the two of you have. It is a very special thing. Remember the times you and D, twin talked and played tricks on all of us?
I am so grateful that you are both doing so well. You have both worked so hard to grow, develop and are working on learning new things everyday. You will never know all of the people who have prayed for you or are still praying for you, but let me tell you, you both are very blessed, as are the rest of us with so many blessings.
Love,
Gram
M and D's daily update
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment