Now for the good stuff. D is doing very well, his milestones are five feedings, I was holding him during the fifth one. Now there is a very tiny bottle, but it is attached to a very small feeding tube that goes directly to his stomach. He also had another big milestone, he pooped!! He needed a little help with a suppository, but we now know his bowels work. He is still sleeping all of the time, and when I was holding him opened his eyes quickly, to see who was holding him. It took him about 15 minutes, he was trying so hard, and it seemed like his eyes were stuck shut. Not being like the Drama Queen, he just kept peacefully trying until they did.
Here is D on day 5

Gram and D
M's billirubin is still not where it should be, so she is still wearing her fancy shades, and hating every minute of it. We will have to remember this, for when she is all grown up and won't take her shades off. The Dr's have decied that her billirubin issue might be, because the hole in her heart, hasn't closed yet, so they are giving her additional doses of indocin (I think that's how you spell it). Because of the additional drug, she has an additional IV in her left hand, so both hands have IV's in them. She tried to wrap her fingers around mime, but couldn't because her hand is taped open, I must say that it's the first time I started to cry today. Dad has done his research and says not to worry, she can have three doses of the medicine. Because of the iV's she can't push her glasses up to see, so she is just happy to be touched.

You can see that she has IV's in both hands.

I was trying to catch the yawn , dad said something about how wide she can open it, but it really shows how small she is, I dont have really big hands.
I have always thought that she looks like the G side of the family, but Dad really saw it today, and I had to bring pictures of great grandpa G to show mom and she now agrees also. We haven't decided who D looks like, but mom and I are sure we see a G dimple in his chin. As soon as I can figure how to scan and post the picture I will for you all to comment on.
The nurses were also stating how nice it is to have such an involved Dad. They said sometimes the nurses might appear off guard, because most Dad's aren't that involved. I guess I did something right, but I always new R would be a great Dad.
I'm not sure how you all like the new format, but it will allow you to still post comments and the pictures are much easier to see. You will have to let me know what you think. I have some plans to change the format but need time or real bloggers to assist me.
2 comments:
Yay!!! I'm so glad you started this!
Congratulations, Barb! Thanks for posting pictures...you look so happy holding D. =) I'll continue to pray for these little ones.
Keep the updates coming!
thanks Krista, it is easier than I thought and much easier than the email and all of the attachments. I need your creativness for my yellow brick road idea.
Thanks for the continued prayers, they need them and I truly believe they are sustaining them.
Post a Comment