M and D's daily update

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day Forty Five

I have been officiously trained in baby CPR today. I hope I never ever have to use it. I also went to car seat training, this was so much more that I ever thought there was to know. I did learn that Babies R Us will let you take the car seats outside and try them in your car. Dad also told me last week that if you mention you are buying for twins they will give you a discount.

D has such bad gas, that he spent the night laying on my chest, pulling his legs and fidgeting. My heart just broke for him. Our nurse brought in a little heat patch to put on his stomach, and that seemed to help. He actually sucked his pacifier for 15CC's of his feeding, then realized that he was being fed, without having to work so hard and just spit that pacifier out at me, like "Grandma, what are you trying to do to me" He was feeling a little better when I left a little while ago.

Our nurse told us that they think that colicky babies of the past, really had acid reflux, they just know how to treat it now, so colic is a thing of the past. Someone better tell D that, I'm not sure he would believe them tonight.

M was a good little girl, she inhaled her two bottles tonight and went right back to sleep. She knew her brother needed the attention,.

Pictures will be added tomorrow, including the rare site of a pacifier in D's mouth.

No comments: