M and D's daily update

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Week Eight

Is it that long ago or just eight short weeks ago. I'm a little behind in posting, I added pictures to the last post from the wonderful grandma shower.


This was an exciting week D is now 6 pounds, and M is a solid 5 lbs. D is wearing his Santa boots, that are starting to fit better.




They are getting ready to come home, THIS WEEK!!! They are doing so well, it is believed they will be so much better off, with mom and dad taking care of them at home, even if they come home on oxygen. Mom and I were talking to several nurses who all had the same comment " Let them go home, it's better for them.


So, as you can imagine the rush is on to get something ready for them. The shower is planned, the invitations are going out, but M and D will be home first, so a little make do will have to happen first. The good news is the nursery is all painted, looking very good, the furniture is in, dad just has to build it, and I'm sure is busy doing this as I type.


I had the honor of bathing D yesterday, but when I took his diaper off, he had a present for me. Now I had been batting 1,000 in missing all of the goodies M and D deliver, so my streak is broken, and mom had a good laugh over it.





No comments: