M and D's daily update

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Two Weeks






Yesterday, M and D were two weeks old and had a very exciting day. Let me catch up first, since I have been gone for a few days. M and D are both eating very well, D has moved to a pump for his feedings and M is increasing her amounts daily. Both of them have had their lines taken out of their arms, and other than their monitors, oxygen (at low doses) and one IV bag, they have lost all of the other life strings, as one of my friends likes to call them. They are both doing very well. M's brain scan showed a small bleed, but everyone, including another one of my friends with medical assistance, has said it is nothing to worry about, so we won't. I know that we have all of the support and prayers from so many, that it will be fine.




Mom and I were talking about nursery rhymes the other day, and were trying to put them together, we each had lines, but struggled to put them together. When I was coming back from my trip, I stopped at the outlet mall, (if you are going by one, you should always stop) they had a Readers Digest book store and I ran in looking for a nursery rhyme book, I found several others and was really hurrying, when I found one that I really thought was colorful and perfect. I didn't open it, because I knew we would love it. My next stop was the hospital, and took that book in. One of the nurses was looking at it and asked, where I had gotten the book done, and what a beautiful drawing and dedication I had done. Well, remember, I never opened the book, so I had no idea what she was talking about. I was holding D, and she showed me the book, it was dedicated to M, in the exact spelling of her name. Well needless to say we were all shocked, and of course I took it as a good sign that all will be good.




Back to their two week birthday, they had a special visit from their Great Grandma, and mom got to hold them both together, which was also the first time they had been next to each other since birth. As soon as they were right next to each other D reached for M and touched her on the face. Yes, everyone was crying. Later in the day, I got to change diapers and take temperature's, I am happy to report everyone survived.




Here are some pictures from the week. I take a picture everyday, and since I wasn't there mom did it for me. M had her special hat on for the occasion.

2 comments:

Trix said...

what a great post!! I'm so happy they got to be next to each other.

krista said...

So...how's the car shopping going? =)