I got to the hospital late, just in time for the 6:00 feeding, and much to my surprise big boy D had his feeding tube taken out. This was surprising, because as you have read, he thought it was so much easier to just be fed than to work at it. He has taken all of his bottles today, with no effort. He has also discovered his hands and mouth. In just two days, he has started sucking his hands, wrist and thumbs. Within two days, he went from baby to BIG boy, and the possibility of going home without his sister. I would be the first to admit, I thought this would have gone the other way. D's personality is I can do it, I just have to want to. Can't you see the report cards already?

M is still struggling with her congestion. I was able to feed her, but our little bird, took a while longer, due to having stop to catch her breath during breaks. She still did a great job, and will probably have her feeding tube removed tomorrow. She is still on higher oxygen levels, so it will be a few more days until that is removed.

Mom and I were listening to them make their little sounds tonight, and for awhile it sounded like they were having a twin conversation. When I asked M if they were talking, she just smiled. I really think mom and dad are going to have their hands full. I can't remember if I told you, that one night they must have had one of their twin conversations, and got together to impress their nurse with their medical ability. They pulled their feeding tubes out. When she came in D's tube in his hand, with the look at what I did look, and M had hers pulled out and laying in the bed. They were just so proud of themselves.
Remember when this hat was too big for our "little baby"? What a big boy he is becoming.
1 comment:
Barb - Thanks to you, and especially to the new daddy, for brining D & M to the Corp Center to meet us and for letting me hold Miss M. D & M are angels and proof positive that miracles do happen!
Georgeanne
Post a Comment