M and D's daily update

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Two Months Old Today




Dear M and D,


You are two months old today and getting ready for the next journey in your lives. If all goes well and you both eat better, D will be going home, and M will be not too far behind him. I wonder if you will miss each other, you do definitely have a bond, and I do believe there is "twin talk" that goes on.


I am going to take a friends format today and write to you, although it won't be as eloquent as hers.


The journey began, on an early Saturday morning, and to say I was scared is probably not the right word. I was sad for your mom and dad, who wanted you both so badly, and I knew the fear and sadness was great for them. The journey ahead was not known, and the fear of the unknown is always the worst. Your dad took me to meet you and when I did, you both grabbed my finger and held on, I knew, I'm not sure why, but I knew you were both going to be fine. M, I knew you had the bigger fight on your hands, but I knew you were the fighter and would be fine.


The personalities you have developed, are amazing to see for such little folks.


M, you know I call you the "Hoot" you have made me laugh since day two. I know people don't believe some of the things you do, but you are very talented.


D you are just so quiet, but I know you aren't the "Lazy Boy" they think you are. You are the one who contemplates, you think about what you want to do, and if you don't want to, you don't. I'm thinking of a preemie baby holding his mouth shut and not letting a bottle get in "No how No way"


D I love how you always reach for M, since the very first day, we put you together, you always reach for her. You are going to take care of her and watch over her. Mom said you did it in the womb, and I believe it is in you to always do that. I'm afraid, you are going to have to watch close, I think she might push it a little.


M, I don't know, but it just seems like you know how to play the joke on us. You smile at times, just like you know, you got us. Think about Dad, a few nights ago, when he was worried, and when all was over, you just let out this big smile, like Dad, this is the first of many.


M and D, you always seem to know when I come in the room, even though I try to be quiet. Hard for me I know, but sometimes I do try.


I have so enjoyed watching the two of you these last two months, you are just growing and developing, letting us know what you like and what you don't. I am grateful that mom and dad have shared the joy of you two so freely with me. I can't wait to see you grow and develop over time. I have no doubt you will go up to be loving, compassionate, sharing and grateful, you are being shown the way by so many, and I already see those traits in both of you.



Two months old today, D holds M hand, and a peek at the protected witness.
Happy Two Month Birthday,
Love, Grandma

1 comment:

krista said...

Very beautfiul, Grandma! You need to give yourself more credit. And I LOVE that last picture. This blog entries need to be saved for them for when they get older. What a gift M and D have to have you for a Grandma.